Common Issues in your Commercial Property
SERVPRO of Kirkland is here to help when an emergency arises in your business. We will be there fast with the help you need. Water, Fire, or Mold damage can be overwhelming for your Commercial Business. At SERVPRO of Kirkland we understand the importance of getting your back to your preloss condition in an efficient amount of time and to industry standards. Keeping your Commercial business safe and sound is necessary in operating smoothly. Many buildings have pre-existing small issues that have the capacity turn into larger ones if proper maintenance has not been maintained soon enough.
Here at SERVPRO of Kirkland we have highlighted some of the issues that occur more frequently in Commercial buildings. What to Expect with a Commercial Property Water, Fire, or Mold Damage.
What to inspect in your Commercial Property:
- Leaks – Whether you have a leak in your roof, foundation, or pipes, water can accumulate in areas of your building. Sedentary moisture almost always leads to rotting wood, foul odors, and mold growth.
- Asbestos – Although not used in construction anymore, older buildings may still have asbestos present. Exposure to asbestos is extremely dangerous and MUST be taken care of if found in exposed areas in your homes.
- Fire Safety Regulations – Make sure that your fire extinguishers are up to date and are in working order. Check your sprinkler system to ensure that in the event of a fire, they will work as intended.
- Electrical Faults – If you have older wiring in your building or have ever had a rodent problem, you should check for faults. Mice and rats tend to chew on wires, leaving them exposed and more likely to start a fire.
Tasks to expect from the SERVPRO of Kirkland Technicians:
- Detailed Cleaning – We will remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponge. SERVPRO Technicians clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings.
- Selective Demolition – to remove unsalvageable materials or property. Removing and disposing of porous materials, like drywall and carpeting.
- Pack Outs – to remove salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage.
- Air Filtration and Flow Management – SERVPRO technicians utilize “Air Scrubbers” to remove airborne contaminants and soot. “Dehumidifiers” which remove water vapor from the air which lowers the humidity ratio. The lower the humidity the more it increases the rate of evaporation of moisture. “Air Movers” are used in water damage restoration to enhance evaporation at the surface level and reduce drying time.
- Deodorization – to remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to a usable space.
SERVPRO of Kirkland will respond quickly and get you back to preloss condition. We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial Water, Fire, and Mold Damage.
We are here for you 24/7. Give us call at 425-820-0080